[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 20:37:08 UTC 2013

Hello and good day to all my readers once again.  Well, here in the Baltimore area at least, the weather is supposed to be more pleasant for the next several days, as the meterologists are forecasting lower temperatures and drier air, something very conducive to taking my daily walks, whether in the morning or evening, around my block.  I hope that others here in North America are, or will be, experiencing something similar.  Oh, by the way, the morning lows will be in the 60's.

Our daily thought message for today is one that is rather short, but perhaps some of you could use such a message.  Don't know who the compiler was, and this list is by no means exhaustive as perhaps many of you can find other verses in the Bible to add to this list, but the title of this piece is "Where To Look In The Bible," rendered as follows:

Where to look in the Bible when you:

Need rest and peace:  Matthew 11:25-30

Worry:  Matthew 6:19-34

Are lonely or fearful:  Psalm 23

Need peace of mind:  John 14:27; Philippians 4:6-8

Are disappointed by people:  Psalm 27; I John 1

Are discouraged:  Psalm 34

Feel God seems far away:  Psalm 139

Think the world seems bigger than God:  Psalm 90

Are sick:  Psalm 41

Feel sorrowful:  John 14; Psalm 46

Are in danger:  Psalm 91

Want courage:  Joshua 1:1-9

Need assurance:  Romans 8

Forget your blessings:  Psalm 103

Are looking for joy:  Colossians 3

Leave home to travel:  Psalm 121

Think of investments:  Mark 10:17-31

Need guidelines for living:  Matthew 5-7; Romans 12

Need rules of conduct:  Exodus 10:1-17

Need to know God's will for your life:  Proverbs 3:1-6

Grow bitter or critical:  I Corinthians 13

Have sinned:  Psalm 51; I John 1

See, I told you it wouldn't be long but, as an old saying goes:  "Great things sometimes come in small packages." I hope and pray that, as you reread these and look up the relevant Scriptures for your particular situation in whatever version or format of the Word you are using, that they will minister to you today and for all time.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul