[Faith-talk] 6/20/13 Wisdom Gems and Pearls, and Yesterday's Weather Data

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 10:06:16 UTC 2013

Hello and good day to all of you, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of our heavenly King-Father and saints of the Most High God, whatever time of day you receive and read this message.  I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that your day is going well or went well, and that we in North America had a peaceful and restful sleep last night.

Today we conclude the songs that could have been sung by Bible characters if they had been living in our day and age, plus a few more unrelated wisdom gems and pearls to add on to today's list for good measure.  I'll give you the Bible personality followed by the name of their particular song in quotes.

Samson:  "Hair"

Salome:  "I Could Have Danced All Night"

Shadrach, Meshak and Abednego:  "Great Balls of Fire"

Jonah:  "Gotta Whale of a Tale"

Elijah:  "Up, Up and Away"

Methuselah:  "Stayin' Alive"

Nabuchadnezzar:  "Crazy"

Dinah:  "Girls Just Want To Have Fun"

Jezebel:  "Who Let the Dogs Out?"

The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply because they have perfect faith.  For to have faith is to have wings.  Sir James M. Barrie

If people never did silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.  Ludwig Wittgenstein

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.  Roger Staubach

And there you have it for today.  By the way, just as a matter of interest to those interested, summer officially begins in the Northern Hemisphere at 1:04 a.m. tomorrow morning.  I suppose that, if you calculate that time back to your respective time zone, then that will be the time when summer begins in your area.  Don't know how they figure that one out.

Wednesday's highest recorded temperature in the lower 48 states was 107 degrees at a place in California whose name I forgot, while the lowest was 27 degrees at a both unpronounceable and unwritable town in Michigan.

And now until tomorrow when, Lord willing more wisdom gems and pearls will be presented, I remain your obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died to pay for your sins and mine, and now lives forever to bring us His salvation and peace, Oil of Gladness.