[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Sunday, March 17, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 00:38:11 UTC 2013

Well folks, here in the Americas, and firstly here in the eastern part, it will soon be time to bid a fond adieu or farewell to St. Patrick's Day 2013, whereas you in other parts of the world are in your Monday, as this is being written at least.  I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that your Sunday went well and that your Monday is going well.

Some of you already know this, but some do not.  In the past the undersigned has dabbled somewhat in the world of poetry, though not to the extent of making that as his profession.  If that were the case, I'd have to beg for money to pay my bills but, not wishing to take away any hard-earned money from my Christian friends, I decided to make medical transcription my profession for almost 30 years.  However I've dabbled a bit in poetry, and my contribution for today is very appropriately seasonal.  Entitled "The First Moment of Spring," it is rendered as follows:

March makes the very first moment of Spring,
And with it new life it so joyfully brings.
Earth's little creatures are waking from sleep,
Hearing the sound of Spring's bright wake-up beat.

Upon springtime's land new blooms are now seen,
And grasses now wear hues of emerald green.
Winds toss the white clouds around in the sky,
While children are happily flying their kites.

Raindrops are sprinkling the valleys of green,
While behind the clouds await the sunbeams.
March sparks the very first moment of Spring.
Rejoice in the Lord and joyfully sing.

Now, you'll have to admit that my literary efforts don't match that of William Cullen Bryant, Helen Steiner Rice, Edgar Guest or other luminaries in the realm of poetry, but as Pilate said to the crowd about Jesus' crucifixion:  "What I have written, I have written." I hope that you enjoyed the undersigned's contribution despite its brevity.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul