[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Monday, March 18, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 00:31:48 UTC 2013

Well, folks, at least here in the Americas the sun has already set, at least here in the eastern part of our hemisphere, whereas you in the rest of the continent are blessed with some hours of daylight, at least as this is being written.  I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that your day went well.  For those of you in other parts of the world, I hope that your day is going well.

Carice Williams contributed today's poem entitled "Overnight Magic," rendered as follows:

I thought for sure that Spring would not
Come back to us this year,
For nowhere could I find the signs
That she would soon appear.
Yet overnight the magic came,
And like a happy dream
Spring waved her wand and brought to life
Each valley, field, and stream.

The lilac and the hawthorn hedge
Today burst forth in bloom,
And pale primroses by the gate
Soon chase out winter's gloom.
All nature comes to life once more
When gardeners work the sod.
We credit Springtime for the change
When actually it's God.

Somewhat early, I know, but it doesn't hurt to wish that Spring would come a mite early, right?

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul