[Faith-talk] A braille bible for anyone who would like it

Doris & Chris chipmunks at gmx.net
Mon May 6 02:53:08 UTC 2013

English Bible translations are a pet subject of mine as you guys are
so blessed with the many translations you have available. As a young
adult, I began reading the Bible in English though this is not my
native language. There were somany translations to choose from (I was
fully sighted at the time) that I had a hard time deciding which one
to pick. The more I read up on the subject, the more fascinated I
became with it. *g*

While the wording of the NWT is  a bit unusual at times, I do have it
in esword and refer it to it sometimes. It is actually quite readable
and I find as with so many translations, if one keeps in mind when
they were translated by who and under what circumstances, comparing
different translations can stil be quite helpful.

I have no interst in bejoining up with the jw but their Bible can
still be helpful. After all, jw's for a while used the American
Standard Bible that uses the name "Jehovah" for God and was one of
the most widely used and widely trusted translation for personal,
public and academic use just as its successor the Revised Standard
Version was for many years.

Pass a hug to Ms. Penny when you see her and catch a cyber one across
the Pond from us!

Smiles across the miles

Doris