[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Saturday, May 18, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sat May 18 19:49:46 UTC 2013

Well, it's a mid Saturday afternoon as I write this here in eastern North America, and no doubt, when you read this, that it will be a different time of day or even the next day, depending on where you live in this world.  At any rate, I hope that your day is going well or went well.

We have a short article for you today as found in the June 2013 issue of "Our Daily Bread," published by RBC Ministries of Grand Rapids Michigan.  It's entitled "Does the Creator Care?" and is adapted from a longer work entitled "What If It's True?" by Bill Crowder, copyright 2001 by RBC Ministries, rendered as follows:

Someone once said, "Life is like a wild goose chase--without the goose." It can feel like a search for something that's always elusive.  In the midst of the search, however, a book as trustworthy as the Bible assures us that the Creator of the universe cared so much for us that He came seeking after each of us.

In a world of loneliness, despair, and rejection, the Bible offers hope and encouragement.  In the words given to a blind beggar named Bartimaeus:  "Cheer up! He's calling you" (Mark 10:49 NIV).  Yes, the Creator cares for you! With that awesome truth in mind, consider the words of Astronaut Guy Gardner, who said this about what he learned when he saw the marvels of the created universe in outer space:

It's very hard to think this must have happened by chance.  You realize at the same time that there had to be a Master Designer, a Creator of this planet.  And to me that makes life all the more special.  Because that tells me that instead of me being something that just came along in the course of time to live and die, that instead of a meaningless existence, I have Someone--who cares for me--who has made me and cares about me.  Someone I can go to with my troubles, and my cares, and my joys.

What if it's true? If the Creator really does care for us and is seeking us, then everything now depends on our willingness to trust Him.  If Jesus is God in the flesh, then apart from Him we will never know real joy, real meaning, or real peace in life.  He is our Creator and He seeks a personal relationship with us.  Have you responded to His sacrificial love with faith and accepted His invitation to everlasting life, forgiveness, and peace?

Carefully consider what the Bible says:

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.  He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16-18).

If you have any questions or if you would like additional material to help you in your walk of faith, please write to us.

Now I know that is pretty elementary to us, but perhaps the beginning of this piece by Bill Crowder might just be the encouragement you need for today.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last and evil days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul