[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Thursday, May 30, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 23:08:54 UTC 2013

Today we resume the Daily Thought articles.  Hope that you all are doing well today, whether that be morning, afternoon or evening.

Robert H. Schuller, probably best known for his "Hour of Power" weekly TV broadcast and in some cases radio ones as well, wrote the following article which I would like to share with you today.  Entitled "Never Be Afraid," it is rendered as follows:

"The Lord will fight for you, and you won't need to lift a finger!" Exodus 14:14

I love the story about old Doctor John McNeil, who was a famous American preacher some years ago.  He said, "When I was a lad in Scotland I used to work late, and in order to get home I had to walk a long distance.  I had to go several miles through a little village and then through a narrow canyon where criminals and thieves were known to hide.

"One particular Saturday night I walked as fast as I could.  My heart was pounding in my teenage chest, for the night was as black as a wolf's jaw.  Not a star was shining.  The moon was dark.  There were no lights in the sky.

"I rounded a bend in the road in the most desolate, the most forsaken and the most frightening part of the whole canyon.  Suddenly, there was a call in the night! For a moment my heart stopped.  The call came again, it was my father's voice.  He was coming out to meet me at the worst part of the canyon.  "John! It's your dad!" he said.

"In a moment his large hand was on my shoulder and his heavy foot steps were falling at my side.  I was home right then and there!"

You are always home when your Father comes to meet you.  For God has promised, "I will be with you!"  He knows you.  He calls you.  And He is with you! You need never be afraid again!

I need never be afraid again.  For You walk with me all the way.

Not long, I know, but hopefully it ministered to you in some small way as the Lord and the gracious Holy Spirit enabled.

And now until tomorrow when, Lord willing another daily thought will be presented, I remain your friend and brother in Christ, Paul