[Faith-talk] The return of Jesus in Islam.

Mostafa mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 16:21:03 UTC 2013

Dear all, Assalamu alaycom warahamato Allah wabaracato.

Without any doubt, Prophet Muhammad (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam)  is the last Prophet and Messenger. Allah did not send and will not send any Prophet to succeed him. Therefore, anyone claims prophethood after him, in either the past, the present, or the future, is basicly a false prophet, just a bogus claimer. Allah says:

“But (he is) the Messenger of Allah and the seal of the Prophets and Allah is all Omniscient”. [Sûrah al-Ahzâb: 40].
 Moreover, the Prophet (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) made the meaning of this verse perfectly clear, when he said: “I am the last
>> of the Prophets”. “There is no Prophet after me”. “There shall be no prophethood after me”. and “Indeed, prophethood and messengership have come to an end”. All of these statements are established with authentic chains of transmission and can be conveniently verified in the major references of hadîth. Such as, Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim. However, Prophet Muhammad (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) also informed us, in numerous occasions, that Jesus Christ (peace be upon him), will ultimately return to Earth, not to bring a new prophecy, but to be a just judge for people. Prophet Muhammad (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) predicted numerous  incidents that would unfold in the future. Some of these have already taken place, whilst many others, are still yet to come. Among the prophecies that have yet to manifest themselves are those relating to the major signs of the endtime. One of these major signs of endtime, is the descent of Christ (peace be upon him) to the Earth. Jesus Was Not Crucified. Jesus (peace be upon him) had ascended to the heavens when it was made to appear that he was crucified. In the Qur’ân, we quote: “And because of their proclaimation, We murdered Jesus Christ, son of Mary, the Messenger of God!’ But they killed him not, nor they crucified him, but it resembled  to them. And those who differ therein are full of doubts with no certainty. And they surely killed him not. Nay, Allah ascended him  to Himself, and Allah is all Mighty, all Wise”. [Sûrah al-Nisâ’: 157-158].
 This has been a great trial for the Children of Israel and for the followers of Christianity until today. Many Christians vest in Jesus (peace be upon him) false beliefs and claim him to be the son of Allah. Some Christians even venerate the cross they think he was crucified on. Allah has clarified the truth about Jesus (peace be upon him) in several verses of the Qur’ân. For instance, Allah says:

“O People of the Scripture! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (merely ) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not Trinity, Desist; it will be better for you, for Allah is one God. Glory be to Him. (Far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all what’s in  heavens and on Earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs”. [Sûrah al-Nisâ’: 171].
 The Qur’ân Foretells of Christ’s Return.  The Qur’ân says: “And there is none of the people of the Scripture but must believe in Him before his death, and on the Day of Judgment He will be a witness on them”.[Sûrah al-Nisâ’: 159]. Allah also says about Jesus in the Qur’ân: “And verily, he shall be a sign of the Hour. Therefore have no dispute regarding it, but follow Me, that is the straight path”. [Sûrah al-Zukhruf: 61]. Prophet Muhammad salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam, Foretells of Christ’s Return. There are also many hadîth regarding Jesus (peace be upon him) and his descent to Earth near the endtime. These hadîth are of a high caliber of authenticity. Abû Hurayrah relates that  Prophet Muhammad (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “By Him in Whose hand is my life, the son of Mary (peace be upon him) will soon descend among you as a just judge. He will break crosses, kill the swine and abolish the poll-tax, and wealth will pour forth to such an extent that no one will accept it”. [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (2222) and Sahîh Muslim (155)]. In the narration of this hadîth recorded by Ibn `Uyaynah, it reads: “a just imam and arbitrator”. After conveying these words of the Prophet, Abû Hurayrah then says: “Read if you will: ‘And there is none of the people of the Book but must believe in Him before his death’”. The aya of chapter 4, which I quoted the English translation of its meaning, in the section above.
Chapter 4, 159. In this way, Abû Hurayrah expresses that he comprehends the hadîth to elaborate on the meaning given in the verse of the Qur’ân. Abû Hurayrah also relates, that the Prophet (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) also said, as it is recorded in [Sunan Abî Dâwûd (4324), and Musnad Ahmad (8902)]',       Both in this world and in the Hereafter, I am the closest of all the people to Jesus, son of Mary.       The Prophets are brothers of the same father with       different mothers, and their religion is one. I am the       closest in relationship to Jesus, son of Mary,       because there was no prophet between him and I.       Jesus will descend. If you see him, then know him. He       is a man of a moderately ruddy complexion. He will be       wearing two faintly yellow garments. His hair will seem       to have drops of water upon it, even though it will not       be wet.       He will strive with the people of Islam. He will break       the cross, kill the swine, and abolish the poll-tax.       Allah will make all covenants to come to an end during his       lifetime on earth, except Islam, and Allah will cause Antichrist      to perish. Jesus shall kill him.       Jesus will live for forty years, and then he shall die.       The Muslims will conduct his (funeral) ceremony and bury him in Madeena, beside the one, who is closest to him in time.

As Muslims, we believe that Jesus will be buried beside prophet Muhammad, (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallamm), as there is an emty place for him, to rest in peace beside the prophet (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) in his tomb in Madeena.

Who is the father of the prophets which the hadith hinted.

For those who may not know, he is prophet Abraham, peace be upon him.

And what is the mutual religion of all prophets?

It is Islam.

This hadîth is crystal clear that when Christ (peace be upon him) returns, he will govern the people according to the teachings of Islam. The Prophet (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) also said: “By Him in whose hand is my soul, the son of Mary will approach the al-Rawhâ’ pass (between Mecca and Madinah), to perform Hajj, `Umrah, or both”. [Sahîh Muslim (1252)]. Also in Sahîh Muslim, there is a lengthy hadîth, giving an account of  Antichrist and the various trials he will bring. After numerous tribulations, asperities, and calamities that will befall the people at the phase of Antichrist, the Prophet (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) informs us that Jesus will defeat Antichrist after which he will overcome (Yagog and Magog.) [Sahîh Muslim (2937)].

There are many authentic hadîth on that regard, which confidently reaches the status of a report of the general transmitted, (Authentically attested narrations, consecutively chained, which is the highest degree a hadîth can attain. Christians essentially assert, that the unique pathway of salvation, is to believe in Jesus Christ as the sacrificial redeemer. Some of them, are adhering the belief, that God  consists of three internal distinct individuals. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Those three, are identically unified together, that is according to Christian Trinatarians. Well, in addition to Christian Unitarians, they proclaim the belief, which asserts, that Jesus Christ is the father, he is the Son, and he is, the Holy Spirit. The Unitarians deny the three separate entities shared in the triune godhead, which the Trinitarians firmly adhere. This is the primary difference in between, Christian Trinitarianism, and Christian Unitarianism. They both consider Jesus to be divine. But, in two different ways. Well, however, in Islam, we already know who Jesus is. Unfortunately, They can’t even agree on who Jesus is, as they controversially  claim him to be somehow divine.   The Koran in chapter 19, verse 37, has already reported their broad division concerning Jesus.

“And from among them they dissented the posses, woe to those who disbelieved, from a witness of a tremendous day”. In interpreting the meaning of this verse, I say. The Koran explicitly summons onto the fact, that Christians have differed a great deal, on who Jesus is.
It is simply understood, that the father isn’t himself the son. That is easily apprehended by even a layman. Therefore, if Jesus is God, and God is one, can Jesus be the father of himself?   Christians disagree on whether Jesus is  divine by himself, or he shares the divinity in a triune godhead. Does he share the godhead with two divine entities?, the Father, and the Holy Spirit? Is he himself God? Or he merely is the begotten son of god? The Koran says they disagree, and the facts on the ground proves, that they absolutely do. The few verses before the thirty seventh verse in chapter nineteen, chapter of Mary, it talks about the story of Jesus. If we relate  them to the thirty seventh verse, we will sequently comprehend, that the Christian disagreement is essentially centered around the entity, and the identity of Jesus. Fortunately, the Koran has already taught us who Jesus is.

To the average layman, Christianity consists of numerous denominations that disagree with one another in foundation, attribution, organization, principles, some minor doctrinal tennets, worship, and plan of salvation. Such a situation clearly constitutes division, not unity.

Yet all the denominations claim to be Christian and to follow Jesus Christ.

If we critically wish to satisfy God, however, we must forsake what we want and practice what He wants.

 I’m not attempting to detrimentally denounce your faith.

But I’m always wondering about why Christians tend to rely on ambiguously stated assertions, implicitly derived interpretations of the spoken sentiments of Jesus, in order to justify his divinity.

Why we can’t find that unambiguously   taught, whilst it is explicitly proclaimed, without any substantial evidence.

As a Muslim, I have a justification of why God doesn’t bear a son.

God atones our cynicism without someone’s discretion.

He doesn’t need to sacrifice Jesus to forgive us.

Simply because, He is self-sufficient.

If Jesus was sacrificed to atone our sins, God would’ve been imperfect because, he depended on Jesus to do the job, and that’s a plain state of imperfection.

Exulted  God Almighty from being so.

Well, I have a question though.

If Jesus was crucified to atone our sins, why he himself hasn’t specified his mission, to those who asked him about how to attain God’s pleasure?

Why Jesus never mentioned neither Adam, nor the concept of original sin?

If he was crucified to atone the inherited original sin, well then, why he hasn’t plainly particularized his mission?

I think it’s a crucial contention, that we have to significantly bear in mind.

In Islam, in the Noble Koran, we don’t have a book or a chapter that is named after prophet Muhammad wives, or daughters, salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam, and may Allah be pleased with them.

But, we have an entire chapter, that is named after Marry peace be upon her, the best of women in Islamic tradition.

She is portrayed as devoutly a virtuous woman, described as the most extravagantly best women, the best one amongst daughters of Eve.

Chapter of Marry is dedicated to reveal the ultimate clarity about Jesus and his devout mother.

How the Noble Koran portrayed Jesus in chapter of Marry?

“Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah . He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet .

And He has made me blessed wherever I am, and has enjoined upon me prayer and purification, as long as I remain alive.

And He has made me dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me a wretched tyrant.

And peace is on me the day I was born, the day I will die, and the day I resurrect”.

That is Jesus, son of Mary, the word of truth about which they are in dispute.

It is not [befitting] for Allah to bear a son; exalted is He! When He decrees an affair, He only says unto it, "Be," and it is.

[Jesus said], "And indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path."

Then the factions differed [concerning Jesus] from among them, so woe to those who disbelieved - from the scene of a tremendous Day.

How [clearly] they will hear and see the Day they come to Us, but the wrongdoers today are in clear error.

And warn them of the Day of Regret, when the matter will be concluded; and [yet], they are in [a state of] heedlessness, and they  believe not.

Indeed, it is We who will inherit the earth and whoever is on it, and to Us they shall return”.

Koran chapter 19, verses 30; to 40.

Assalamu alaycom warahamato Allahe wabaracato.