[Faith-talk] Is the original New testament lost? And what happens when politicians misuse the religion to rule?

Mostafa mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 14:51:17 UTC 2013

Dear all, upon you be peace and blessings.

I hope you all are keeping really well.

On today’s post, we’re attempting to tackle the concern, is the original New testament lost?

Well in order to answer this question properly, we first need to understand; What do we mean by original New testament.

Well, without complicating a vague definition, we basicly mean, the first ever produced transcription of the New testament.

To average Christian laymen, this subject seems not to be highly regarded.

Because he was taught on Sunday Church, that the Bible is utterly inerrant, and it is unquestionably the inspiringly divined revelation.

Well, that only works for believing evangelical Christians.

But, what I am aiming to  address is totally different.

It regards the New Testament scholarship.

As all we know, the New Testament is not orally memorable.

It was transmitted throughout ancient Bibliography.

Noone knows for certain, who was the first one to write the New Testament gospels.

Interestingly, there is a radically skeptic view that believes, that the present form of the New Testament was precisely copied from the original text.

Well, I can tell you without any doubt in my mind, that the worldwide leading scholars of the field would affirmitively disagree with that proposition.

     There is a widely theological controversy among adequate New Testament scholars and early Church fathers, of what was the first copy to be recognized.

New Testament textual critics distinctly emphasize, that there isn’t a scientific reliability which confidently guarantees, that the New Testament has consecutively been transmitted.

  We knew nothing about the scribes who copied the New testament, nor about those who translated it, from a language, to another.

They are perfectly anonymous.

So, how we can trust what they wrote?

Evangelical Apologists may rebuttal by proclaiming, that the Koran was subjected to the same problem.

Well, it is             a very old, and a gravely worn out argument.

As we have previously illustrated, The Koran isn’t the same as the Bible, regarding its nature.

It is an orally verbatim  memorable text, and it doesn’t suffer from the significantly detected textual discrepancies of the biblical literature.

Furthermore, the first people who wrote the Koran have accurately memorized it, they were critically identified, accredited, they eloquently spoke its language,  and they were trusted.

    Evangelical Apologists would pose the argument, that the New Testament has been translated to various languages, to broadly accommodate a numerous amount of people.

Well, if you know someone who works in the translation profession, you may ask him:

Is there always something missed in translation?

The Koran, however, has broadly been memorized in clasical Arabic, by Muslims in allover the world, in spite of their native tongues.

It is quite convenient, to verify what I claim.

I enjoy studying the Bible, not because I just like to denounce the Christian religion.

 To the contrary, I want to prove to either Muslims, Jews, or Christians, that the religion of God is indeed a one religion.

Just as Jews and Christians, I am committed to believe in the Bible as the word of God.

In Islam, we are devoted to believe in the six tennets of faith.

The third article of these, is to believe in all what God has currently or formerly revealed to his prophets.

And that includes, the Torah of Moses, the Psalms of David and Solomon, the gospel of Jesus, and the Koran of Muhammad.

The Koran asserts, that these scriptures were subjected to dozens of textual omissions and alterations by their scribes.

And as all we know, this proposition has been informatively approved.

The Koran meets the facts on the ground, regarding the former revelations from God.

But, I still believe in the Bible origin, whatever it was at the times of Moses, David, Solomon, and Jesus as the divine revelation from God.

I hold the sientific standpoint of questioning the Bible’s textual authenticity, at its present form.

I knew, however, that my Christian friends will probably disagree with me.

I just would like you my dears, to reconsider the Biblical inerrant disposition, within unbiased perception and open-mindedness.

I don’t expect you to abandon your faith, nor do I want you to do so.

I never felt happy, when a Christian becomes Ignostic or Atheist due to this theological shortage, to the contrary, I’m all brokenheart for that.

I would rather unify myself with Christians to incisively confront this threatening phenomenon of Atheism, which persists to vastly escalate in the western world at presently.

Another reason that I adhere in coordinating my theological discourse, with Christians in particular, is that people of no faith are proclaiming, that people of faith, are the source of radicalism and hateful exchanges in the the world today.

Well, I wanted to prove to them, in a practical manner, that people of faith may possibly disagree on the core of their beliefs, whilst  maintaining a substantial level of warmth, courtesy, tolerance and deference.

Well, the second segment of this post, is dedicated to discuss the consequence of the politics dominating  religion.

Many people, even here in Egypt, have questioned the religious arena being lead by the political authority.

That has sparked a tremendously heating exchanges, and particularly, amongst fundamentalist and secular politicians here in Egypt.

For a whole year, the brotherhood religiously symbled political movement have ruled Egypt.

During that time, I observed many strange interpretations of religious teachings.

They were quite irregular, and perfectly insurgent   to the common public Muslim practice here in Egypt.

Many unremarkable individuals felt quite disadvantaged because of the disingenuous and incompetent theological sentiments, spoken by unqualified self-proclaimed clerics.

These people were wearing religious garments, whilst have grown their beards in a sense of showing off devotion, in attempt to attract the public attention.

  Coptics were gravely eliminated  in the brief brotherhood era.

And as a Sunni devout practicing Muslim, I intensely condemn that.

The vast majority of moderately practicing Sunni devout Muslims here in Egypt are heavily condemning the religious misinterpretation of Islamic teachings, committed by unqualified self-proclaimed brotherhood clerics, which were incorrectly implemented to disadvantage mass Muslims and religious minorities, including Coptics.

Well, I am going to concisely outline some statements in the relation to the subject matter, and absolutely, you may agree or disagree with me.

1; Religion is the source of devotion, ethical excellence, certitude and placid temperament if it was correctly interpreted by adequate clerics.

And it is the source of radicalism, extremism, atrocious cruelty, backwardness and venomous thoughts, if it was obliviously implemented  by religiously symbled politicians, utterly unqualified to speak at the subject of Theology.

   2'; political upheaval is to be regulated by religious injunctions, not the contrary.

  3; the total absence of religious enlightenment and education is the major foundation of constant growing Atheism in the world today, which in my opinion, is the contemporary backwardness.

   4; Delegating the youth of all religions is mandatory, because that would constitute a different outlook of the role that religion plays in today’s modern world.

5; Interfaith dialogs are to be regularly scheduled among youth of different religions, and that’s to provide an enlightening environment, which helps us to  cope and collaborate  with each other on intercultural basis.

  Thanks for reading.

Upon you be peace and blessings.