[Faith-talk] Misquoting Jesus. The story behind who changed theBible and why by Professor Bart Ehrman. An overview.

Poppa Bear heavens4real at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 00:01:54 UTC 2013

Hello Mustafa, I have not found you responding to any of my posts over the
last few weeks, and that seems to be an important component to having
productive diologs from my experience. If you research the so called
validity of these "extra gospels" you will find obvious discrepancies that
disqualify them from any claim to authenticity. You would simply need to
apply the same amount of energy that you do to this question as you do to
disproving the validity of the Bible. I have said it before and I will say
it again, the only way that Islam can stand is by attempting to disprove the
Bible. The Bible doesn’t need to disprove anything, it is a declaration of
truth and stands alone as the word of God. One simple verse like John 3-16
has freed millions from the bondage and guilt of sin, giving life where
there was death, hope where there was none. The bible is Spirit and life
regardless if a thousand other men come out of a cave proclaiming a new
revelation from God and write a thousand more books  between now and the day
of the Lord, the Bible will stand as that tower of light to the hopeless,
downtrodden and oppressed, the broken, sick and be the word that judjes both
the living and the dead through the God man Jesus Christ, Rev 4: 13-18“13
and among the lampstands was someone

“like a son of man,”  dressed in a robe reaching down to

his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 His

head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow,

and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15 His feet were like

bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the

sound of rushing waters. 16 In his right hand he held

seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-

edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its

brilliance.

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead.

Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not

be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living

One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and

ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.”

Rev 19: 11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me

was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and

True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes

are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns.

He has a name written on him that no one knows but he

himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and

his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven

were following him, riding on white horses and dressed

in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Out of his mouth comes

a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations.

“He will rule them with an iron scepter.” a He treads the

winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.

16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried

in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come,

gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that

you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and mighty

men, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people,

free and slave, small and great.”

19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and

their armies gathered together to make war against the

rider on the horse and his army.”

Between now and this day, what else needs to be clarified by another profit
or another Holy Book?