[Faith-talk] This is sad indeed

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 22:40:16 UTC 2013

Yes, I agree it is sad, but in all this talk about audio books in electronic
formats and digital NLS cartridges, there is a small but nonetheless
recognizable population among the blind that will be impacted drastically,
and that is the deaf-blind community.  The only practical way they can read
is in Braille, if in fact they already know it.  That is why the undersigned
protested loudly but respectfully when the Gospel Association for the Blind
discontinued the Braille edition of its official publication, "The Gospel
Messenger" magazine sometime in 2012.  As a small way of showing solidarity
with our deaf-blind Christians, I chose then and continue not to subscribe
to the cassette or online version of this magazine.  I hope personally that
I won't live to see the day when Braille is totally eliminated from being
produced.  Let's remember our deaf-blind Christians in this hour of need,
and try to, if only vicariously, "walk in their shoes." Paul