[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 17:56:24 UTC 2013

Well, the days winding down to the end of October are fast approaching their end, with you in Australia and New Zealand almost there as I write this.  I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that you all are doing well.

Many of you, especially if you've been with me since the beginning of these daily messages when they were called "Good Night Messages," may recall that I would give you some poetry.  For a change of pace I'm returning to that form of literature.  Today we have a poem written by Clay Harrison entitled "Lord of the Harvest," rendered as follows:

Lord of the harvest, God of love,
We praise Your holy name.
You send us blessings from above
And treat us all the same.
Your blessings are so many, Lord,
We cannot count them all,
So we bow our heads before You
As night begins to fall.

Lord of the harvest, God of love,
Draw near to us, we pray.
Grant us Thy peace throughout the night
And joy for the coming day.

Grant us courage where there's danger,
Hope where there is doubt,
And the wisdom of Solomon
To work our problems out.
lord of the harvest, God of love,
May all we say and do
Reflect Thy love within us
And bring honor to You.
May we learn to live in peace,
As You would have us do,
As we learn to love our brother
And build a bridge to You!

Actually, this prayer-poem would have been better sent at night, but it was sent now, and I pray that it ministered to your hearts today.  Oh, by the way, who is Clay Harrison? None other than the undersigned.  The Lord didn't give me the talent to write like Helen Steiner Rice and other Christian poets and poetesses, but He gave me the talent to write what I write, and I am eternally thankful and grateful to Him for that ability and talent.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Lord willing tomorrow there will be another Daily Thought message, carefully selected and presented just for my loyal readers.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul