[Faith-talk] pray for my brother and family

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 02:50:57 UTC 2013

Hi Andrew, I understand having a hard time fighting for things.
Many families tell their blind children not to fight, but to sit
back and wait for things to happen.  Just because there is
resistance doesn't mean always that it's something God doesn't
want you to do.  In fact, it can be quite the opposite.  When I
look at the life of Paul, Saint Paul, not our Paul on list,
though I'm sure he has his battles too, but anyway Saint Paul
struggled his whole life.  He was persecuted, beaten, imprisoned,
shipwrecked, and eventually killed for his faith.  Now, you most
likely won't get killed if you go to a Center.  But you may learn
to stand up for yourself.  All of us can advocate for you, help
you, support you should you choose to go to a Center or wherever
else you might go, but ultimately it will be up to you.  God will
help you, He will strengthen you.  But have you noticed that when
Jesus healed people He often asked them to do something? He put
clay mixed with spittle on the eyes of a blind man and told him
to go wash himself at the Pool of Siloam.  There was always
something that He asked people to do.  The Samaritan Woman was
told to go get her husband.  Now, Jesus very well knew that she
didn't have a husband, so in a way He was confronting her with
the truth about her life.  But after she came to believe that
Jesus was the MESSIAH, she went and told everyone in the village
about him.  So many other times that are coming to my memory from
Scripture.  Andrew, you don't have to sit back and do nothing
just because that's what your family has taught you.  You are 26,
you are an adult.  You can decide that you will NOT sit back and
do nothing.  I know you are afraid.  I can sense it in everything
you write.  It's okay to be afraid, but you have to sometimes
face your fears and decide to do stuff anyway.  My family,
especially when I was first starting out didn't always want me to
do some of the things I did.  But I proved to them that I could
be okay on my own, and that I could have a good life, too.
Andrew, with God's help, fight for what you want!!! You can do
it.    Blessings,    Debby