[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Sunday, September 22, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 19:21:24 UTC 2013

Hello and good day to you all, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of our heavenly King-Father and saints of the Most High God, no matter where in this world you happen to reside.  I hope that your day is going well, went well or about to begin, if it's a Monday morning in Australia and New Zealand.

Here in the northern lattitudes, today autumn or fall begins, locally here at 4:44 p.m.  Don't know how they calculate that, but that's what I heard several days ago.

Today I have a poem I wish to share with you, one written by the undersigned some years ago.  I may have shared this with most of you before, but there are probably those who haven't read it previously, so for the latter group here it is, and for the former one, well, let's say that it will bring back memories.  Its title is simply "Autumn," rendered as follows:

The miracle of fall renews
My faith, and I'm reborn!
Triumphantly I take my stand
This bright September morn.

The spectacle of beauty
In leaves of red and gold
Against the denseness of tall pines
Is wondrous to behold!

Fields of pumpkins cast
Their orange reflections in a stream.
Soon gentle hands will harvest them
For faces that will beam.

The smell of caramel apples
Now permeates the air;
The ducks gather near cattails,
Their flight plans to prepare.

The coral blush of western sky
Caused by the setting sun,
Strengthens the glow I feel inside,
Just knowing we are one.

Well, the only thing I can say to end this message except for the final ending is:  Happy fall for us in northern lattitudes, and happy spring to you in southern lattitudes.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul