[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Friday, April 11, 2014

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 18:12:14 UTC 2014

Hello and good day to you all.  I hope that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that you are doing well and that, at least here in the Americas, in the UK and in Europe, that you are looking forward to the weekend with all that this time of the week entails.

How many of my readers remember the radio and TV sitcom "Father Knows Best?" Well, I do, at least the radio part of it.  Well, several years ago the Lord gave me an idea:  If earthly fathers know best how to raise and discipline their children, shouldn't our heavenly Father know how to do that much better? Of course the answer is that He does.  And that led to today's contribution from your humble servant entitled "God Knows Best," rendered as follows:

Lord, stay close by when showers fall
Upon the plans we make;
Help us to always understand
It's You who gives and takes.

For Your ways are not our ways
And our thoughts are not yours: (Isaiah 55:8)
Our plans are sometimes foolish,
But Yours are always sure.

Lord, lift us up when showers fall
On plans we thought profound;
Help us to somehow realize
Our plans aren't always sound.

To finite minds, we must confess,
They seem to meet the test,
But help us, Lord, to understand
It's You who knows what's best.

And there you have it for today.  I pray that the words the Lord gave me several years ago to write ministered to your hearts, minds, souls and spirits today.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Lord willing, tomorrow we will have something that will remind us of Palm Sunday, which is what this Sunday is on the church calendar.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul