[Faith-talk] A Bible Question

Poppa Bear heavens4real at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 16:06:41 UTC 2014

Hello Paul, I think that it is a good question. My thoughts may or may not
give you a direct answer, but here I go. As we look at the idea of work or
labor, there is also a concept that intertwines with in this idea, it is the
concept of toiling. In the garden before the fall, Adam was able to work
without toil, but after the fall, labor/work would be comingled with the
sweat from his brow, which in some ways represents the often existing,
suffocating pressing weight that inevitably touches everybody at some point
in their labors regardless of  the enthusiasm that initially came with the
job. As a Christian, I do believe that our labor becomes tinged with much
less of the heartache of the toile, because we know that we do not labor in
vein and that we have rewards, in many shapes and forms that will be given
to us at the appointed time, we are able to enter into a deeper fellowship
with Christ as we partake in sacrificial toil as he did, and we know that we
are not alone in our toil because we have the power of the Holy Spirit and
the contentment that we are following the example of the Master.
Here is one more point that makes me look forward to life on the other side
of the Jordan. I believe that in heaven we won't simply strum harps and toss
crowns around for eternity, but I believe that we will have plenty of work,
but it will be without the curse of the toil. It will be completely
gratifying, completely purposeful, and we will be not only capable but able
to honor God with every breath, every movement and every thought in all of
our preys, in worship, any kind of work and the time when we are able to
fellowship with all of the saints.
Well, my two cents, In His loving grip.