[Faith-talk] recommended books

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 14:49:05 UTC 2014

This is just my opinion but I think he used the female Papa to
show us that God nurtures like a mother as well as being our
Father.  And at the end of the book, Papa is Father.  The woman
who was the model for Papa I knew.  She was a wonderful, awesome
woman who has gone to be with the Lord.  She was a Pastor at
EastHill Foursquare Church in Gresham, Oregon when I was in
college.  I heard the author speak at a Free Methodist conference
that I attended several years ago.  He is an excellent speaker.

I also liked the book because it was Trinitarian.  JESUS was God,
but definitely human too.  In one scene he drops an egg or
something.  I can't remember now.  Nothing sinful about that,
just something us humans might do.  His image of the Holy Spirit
was fascinating to me.  Again, he used the female, but by that
time it wasn't such an issue for me.  And you know, in Genesis
God says let us make man in our image.  (I'm paraphrasing here).
I think when you read a book that is fiction, you have to read it
that way.  Not like it's literally the Bible.  I loved the book,
and look forward to seeing if The Crossroads is available.  I
hope you do read it Poppa Bear, I think that you would like it.
I got it from Bookshare, but I'm pretty sure it's on BARD, or by
now I'm sure there's an audible version of that book available.
Blessings,    DEBBY and Neena