[Faith-talk] Legalists?

Christine Olivares rafael4490 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 04:18:03 UTC 2014

I guess the correct word I was looking for was more fundamentalism which I completely disagree with. I wasn’t trying to offend, but when people place laws before love, that is not in any way christian. We would be acting like pharisees of old. this is a sensitive subject for me. I have been very very hurt by “Christians.” I was disowned by a relative who put her religion before loving me, which is what I really needed. Instead of just loving me, she pretended I didn’t exist until I came back to God. I see it among Christians, and it makes me really mad. Sometimes we need to love, give advice, but not push it down someone’s throat…that’s what made me leave Christianity in the first place when it happened.

Sorry if I hurt anyone, but it brought back memories that were a painful part of my life.

God bless,
Christine