[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 19:25:54 UTC 2014

Hello and good evening to all my fellow reading saints of the Most High God.  I hope that your day is going well, whether that be morning, afternoon or evening.

Before I present the Daily Thought message, I'd like to give you the answer to the Bible poem.  You will recall that the way this little game is played is that I give you a poem based on a particular book and chapter of the Bible, and it's your job to give an answer.  Since no one here gave an answer, I'll give it to you now.  It was Luke 21.

Bob Noch is a name that many of you probably have never heard of; I certainly haven't.  However he wrote a poem which I'd like to share with you today.  It's entitled "A Thankful Heart" and it's rendered as follows:

It seems, Lord, we always fear
Uncertainty we face.
Forgetting how You show us love,
And save us with Your grace.

Though You provide our needs in life
As each day does unfold,
Despite grumbling here, complaining there,
Your love does not grow old.

Your constant love remains the same,
It never fades away.
Though we, like sheep, will wander off,
You seek us when we stray.

You love of still, in spite of all
The foolish things we do,
And still extend Your saving hand
To draw us close to You.

Create in me a thankful heart
That truly trusts Your Word.
A faithful heart whose faith will grow
Each time Your Word is heard.

Just one day at a time, dear Lord,
My anxious thoughts subdue,
They will never conquer me
If I walk close to you.

And there you have Bob's prayer-poem which I hope was a blessing to you.  Until tomorrow may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Lord willing, tomorrow there will be another daily thought message for you.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul