[Faith-talk] Church

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 20:15:26 UTC 2014

Hi all, well, last week, I made the attempt to go to church.  I
was ready when Paratransit came (I figured I'd see if I liked the
church and then if so could work out learning the bus route or
getting other rides).  When I got there, all the doors were
locked, no lights on, no cars around.  It was 26 degrees, and I
had at least a 45 minute wait.  Maybe I should have stayed there,
but the thought of spending that much time in such cold really
disheartened me.  So I came home.  But yesterday I had a thought,
and maybe this is from God.  My husband grew up Lutheran.  He
prefers that kind of church.  At one point, we were going to join
a Missouri synod Lutheran church (LCMS) in Vancouver when we
lived there, but because of Craig's being President of the
Council at another ELCA Lutheran church, we didn't go to the
LCMS.  Briefly, the LCMS is the more conservative Lutheran
church, more Bible-oriented, etc.  So today I found a Lutheran
church quite close to our house and gave the information to
Craig.  I would prefer a more charismatic church, but I am
thinking that perhaps I could find an Aglow group or something
like that that I could participate in, and Craig and I could go
to church together.  So please pray that if this is God's will,
that Craig's heart will be open to going.  Otherwise, I will
either try and go back to that other church or see if there is a
church closer that I could even walk to (once we get rid of the
snow that is).  I'm not that fond of walking in snow and ice,
though I certainly did some of that while in Colorado.  Thanks
for your prayers, sorry this is so long, and also sorry but I did
post this en masse to folks, for the sake of efficiency.  Thanks
for your prayers.    Blessings,    Debby