[Faith-talk] blindness as a gift

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 06:16:17 UTC 2014

Actually, I think that sometimes being blind makes us vulnerable
in bad situations.  I think that we have to trust the leading of
God in these situations, and sometimes we have to walk away when
things are bad.  I've had to do that in cities where I've lived,
just tell my dog to keep going.  I feel more vulnerable with just
my cane, on that score.  That has nothing to do with good cane
skills, etc.  I just feel more vulnerable with a cane, as a blind
woman who isn't as young as she used to be.  My reflexes aren't
as good as they were when I was in my 30's.  I'll actually be
glad to be teamed with a dog again.    Blessings,    Debby