[Faith-talk] blindness as a gift

Maureen Pranghofer maureensmusic at comcast.net
Sun Feb 9 20:36:30 UTC 2014

Hello Kirt
I enjoyed your post, this is an interesting thread.  You said in part
 >However, the idea that us blind folks relate to people in a totally
different way because we cannot see, or we are somehow more apt to notice
personality and ignore physical characteristics then our sighted
counterparts is rather strange to me.  >
As for me, totally blind since 1993, I just don't think about how people
look and really don't care, but I do not think we take in more then sighted
people, in fact, I think we miss a great deal in not seeing people's
expressions, their eyes and nonverbal cues.
Maureen