[Faith-talk] The philosophy of Analogy in Islamic Shariah. And the verdict of usury.

Mostafa mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 04:31:34 UTC 2014

Dear all, peace be with you.

Today I would like to talk about the concept of analogy within Islamic Shariah.

        What is Analogy in Shariah?

Analogy is the utilization of inferential factors to determine a juristic verdict.

It is considered one of the primary sources of legislation in the four madhabs.

Madhab is the generic term for a school of thought within Islamic jurisprudence.

Analogy within the four madhabs is intended for intellectual enlightenment.

One of the most predominant privileges within analogy of Shariah, that it is characterized to be conciliative.

It appositely accommodates different circumstances within different ages.

Analogy within Shariah considerably represents its intellectual basis.

    Many people are unaware of the significant role of analogy within Islamic shariah.

It rationally measures the relevancy in between two objects or conditions that are thought to be similar in either their general states or circumstances.

So for instance, drugs are entitled to the same degree  of prohibition as Alcohol, because they both have the same effect of intoxication.

Analogy were used to determine the relation between the two which is inebriation.

They both have this impact of causing excessive addiction and thus, they both were forbidden identically.

This is a common example used in Shariah contemporary textbooks, to plainly illustrate analogy within elementary level.

     Analogy were used to determine the level of similarity in between the form of usury within ancient merchandises and modern enterprises, and particularly, the ones brought by banking commercials.

  I am intrigued though to learn about the verdict of usury within different denominations of Christianity.

People need to be more erudite about the significant role of juristic analogy in Shariah.

The problem that many of those who happened to be novice or untutored in the juristic field are speaking at the subject without acquiring the sufficient knowledge which makes them ineligible.

That is a major threat to speak at something incompetently.

It is an act of sacrilege.

    I was fortunate to critically examine the core of the subject in depth at the university.

Now, I would like to know what Christians think of practicing usury.

What is their stance on this controversial issue?

There is a wide range of opinionatedness complex within that subject.

It really drives me up the wall when people fraudulently attempt to differentiate between the two.

Who we are trying to fool?

They are just the same.

Do not attempt to delude us by making fraudulent diffeences between interest and yusury.

There are many people who just like to fool themselves on that regard.

I spoke to multiple juristic clerics who have developed their thorough dissertations on the subject.

I knew a prominent cleric who composed his doctoral thesis on the subject of usury recognition in contemporary enterprises.

He is now a well notable professor of Islamic jurisprudence at Al-Azhar University.

He is not just some layman.

    So please, give us a break.

Do not be venturous in giving incorrect verdicts out of disinformation, and especially, if you are not certified in the field.

This is a serious subject, it is certainly undiminished.

        I once asked a Mormon about the verdict of usury in her faith.

She basicly distorted my enquiry, as if you ask me; what is the verdict of yusury in Islam, and I would say to you; Old Macdonald had a farm.

This is just nonsense.

  For the sake of Allah, please tell us about what Christians think of yusury engagements, and be pious to the divine presence.

I was gravely taken aback of what I heard from some self-appointed clerics who often appear on television giving false verdicts about the Islamic stance from interest.

It is notorious that they are prejudiced with a particular agenda.

They illicitly countenance some forms of interest, claiming that it is not considered yusury.

May Allah guide them.

It is like when a Cardiologist talks about Psychiatry and then he deceives you by proclaiming that both are just medical professions.

       I am afraid,  that is just contempt.

As Muslims, we never comply to a creature in the sacrifice of disobeying the Creator.

Peace be with you.