[Faith-talk] Where are we going in this world?

Mostafa mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 06:45:15 UTC 2014

Dear all, peace be with you.

I hope you all are keeping really well.

Last Monday evening my time, I had a quite positive conversation with  Poppa Bear, a respectful friend residents in the States.

I really enjoyed our conversation, and it was quite useful a great deal.

We discussed many different subjects.

We felicitously  agreed, and we courteously disagreed.

This pleasantly conducted conversation made me to thoroughly  reconsider the way I used to look at extraneous cultures.

I think we all are somehow prejudiced with domestically exaggerated stereotypical notions.
I am really satisfied about the manner by which we optimally  dissertated various topics.

Well in advanced of that, I was stereotyped with incorrect assumptions that such conversations will possibly be rough and heavily awkward.

  But from now on, I would not based my judgement on unproved dispositions or emotional perceptions.

Because things are quite different in real.

Some people in the west are stereotyped with the misconception that people of the middle east are in constant detest with them, which is a preconceived notion put there by the media.

Simultaneously, some people of the middle east have the same biased impression about the west, which is of course indecisive and incorrect.

Although we live in a contemporary phase, but our minds are not sufficiently matured to cope with it.

We should intensely decline being influenced by delusional states.

We all are relatively impacted with such negative authorities.

Life is quite so easy, if we just looked for what keeps us positive about ourselves and consequently, to be critically positive about others, their cultural fundamentals and theological tennets.

As a Muslim, I am religiously commanded to carry out that temperamental attitude.

I always like to remind myself and my Muslim fellows about the following Koranic passage.

“Oh ye mankind; We have created thee from male and female, and We have made thee into nations and tribes, so thou can recognize each other.

Verily, the most honour of thee in the divine side of Allah, is the one who is the most righteous.

Indeed, Allah is All Knowing, All Aware”.

The Noble Koran, chapter 49, verse 13.

This Koranic sentiment encourages establishing the pluralistic society.

  There are many Muslims I think, who have gravely misapprehended the significance of the verse, and thus, they miss the major essence of this particular verse.

I would like those Muslims who know the reference of the verse to accurately contemplate on its actual context, and then, they may possibly tell me;

What lessons could be learned from that divine speech?

Me and Poppa Bear have mentioned both of Pat Robertson and the Brotherhood movement, and we just laughed at both of them.

Poppa Bear described Pat Robertson and his assimilators   as just some clowns, and I sarcastically criticized the Brotherhood understanding of Islam.

In recent times, discussions looked a bit tensioned about Christianity and Islam.

It is a really sensitive subject, and particularly here in Egypt.

But for Poppa Bear and I, the situation was really convenient and vastly so different.

Although we kept in mind the sensitivity of the subject, but that did not prevent us from deeply discussing it, whilst looking respectfully at each other views.

We asked questions, we explained religious concepts to each other and, we discovered that we really have so many things in common, we just look differently at them.

We ended up the conversation quite happily and positive, whilst intending to meet again for further discussions.

I will tell you about the details of our discussions in another post.

I just attended to enthusiastically share the good news.

I really would like to sincerely advise my fellows in patriotism, that it is timely to move forward here in Egypt.

The political debates have widely expanded our fractional clans, whilst Egypt has never been as such.

Think of who wants to malignly disunite our nation.

Are we still willing to give them another chance?

    Have we not learned from the anguish  of the near past?

Well, that is what I have got for the time being.

In the meantime, and until I render another essay, stay blessedly in the Grace of Allah.

Peace be with you.