[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 19:09:08 UTC 2014

Hello and good day to you all out there.  Here in the Baltimore-Washington metro area, we're fixing to have another series of very severe thunderstorms with a lot of rain and wind.  At least that's what the weather people are saying.  For the rest of you, I hope that you are doing well as you read this.

Before I forget it, for those of you who haven't figured it out yet, the answer to Sunday's Bible trivia game was Amos 4.

And now for a little bit of humor.  These are corny definitions of common words.  You will definitely have a partial change in your English vocabulary when you finish these.  Here we go.

ADULT:  A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in the middle.

BEAUTY PARLOR:  A place where women curl up and dye.  (Screen reader users:  Place your machine in a character-by-character mode for that last word, otherwise it won't make any sense).

COMMITTEE:  A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.

DUST:  Mud with the juice squeezed out.

EGOTIST:  Someone who is usually me-deep in conversation.

GOSSIP:  A person who will never tell a lie if the truth will do more damage.

HANDKERCHIEF:  Cold storage.

INFLATION:  Cutting money in half without damaging the paper.

MYTH:  A female moth.

MOSQUITO:  An insect that makes you like flies better.

RAISIN:  Grape with a sunburn.

SECRET:  Something you tell to one person at a time.

TOOTHACHE:  The pain that drives you to extraction.

TOMORROW:  One of the greatest labor saving devices of today.

YAWN:  An honest opinion openly expressed.

WRINKLES:  Something other people have.  You have character lines.

And there you have definitions for today.  Not exactly Christian, I know, but a little humor every now and then can be good for the soul as well as the spirit, right?

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Lord willing, tomorrow we will have another Daily Thought message for you.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul