[Faith-talk] Refutation and preeminent repudiation totheZionistsubjection.

Brandon A. Olivares programmer2188 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 21:55:08 UTC 2014

Kendra,

Nice to know you are a Pagan. I went down that path at one point in my life. :)

To answer your question, no, I don’t recognize any text as “sacred”. Every text has been written by humans at some point in history, and it is simply their best idea of what the universe is like. They create gods, offerings to gods, rules that those gods want us to follow, consequences for not following those rules, etc. It is all mythology.

The closest that comes to Truth for me is the Bhagavad Gita and the other Upanishads. But still, they were from a human perspective, and thus not inerrant.

There is only one authority, though in many forms. When a person realizes Truth— and I mean ultimate Truth, not simply one form of truth in some religion— then that person is an authority on Truth. I mean people like Buddha, Kṛṣṇa if he existed, Lao Tsu, and likely the true teachings of Jesus if they were ever to be uncovered and separated from the Church’s version of events. There are many others, some in modern times. Mooji, Papaji, Osho, Byron Katie, Eckhart Tolle, Jeff Foster, Adyashanti, are others who live still today or lived very recently. These realized masters are speckled throughout history, holding the torch of Truth so that at least some may see truly, while others follow blindly their own mythologies, not yet ready to see ultimate Truth. And there is no judgment in that statement: Truth is quite a painful thing to behold at first. But I take all the major religions to be nothing more than mythology.

Even Buddhism, which revolves around a historical enlightened master, today has more rules than Christianity. It has its own gods, its own afterlife, several versions of hell, etc. In short, much of it has fallen away from the Truth the Buddha uttered millennia ago. Yet there are still some who carry it on despite all of that.

Peace,
Brandon