[Faith-talk] true translations

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 22:01:51 UTC 2014

If I were you (and I'm not), I'd avoid The Message or the New World
Translation, the Message because its translation is so free and loose that
one can wonder if it is accurately presenting the Word as God intended it,
and the New World Translation because it came from the mind of Charles Taze
Russel, founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses.  Having said that, though, I
wouldn't suggest that you avoid those versions altogether, but let the Holy
Spirit guide you in the version He wants you to use and which you would find
most comfortable in reading.  Paul