[Faith-talk] Islamic Shariah and the strategy of prohibition.

Mostafa mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 16:36:58 UTC 2014

Dear all, peace be with you.

Today I would like to dive in illustrating the essence of the Islamic strategy on prohibition.

Islam has the strategic profundity of settling the legislative injunctions of prohibition.

How does Islam prohibit?

Islam follows the concept of prevention is better than remedy.

So it does not just tell you do not do what is sinful, it rather commands you to not even go near where it leads to strong resentment.

So for instance, in terms of fornication, Islam commands the believer not to even go near where it leads to that.

It starts out with the decisive forbiddance of entering into the  private seclusion of women.

Islam forbids men to go sit with women illicitly, and it forbids women to speak delicately or tauntingly within men actual presence.

Islam realistically measures the threat of disrupting the social order, and it wisely treats that humanitarian  phenomenon.

Islam does not forbid men and women dealing with each other though, conditionally, to adhere the sense of seriousness, and it perfectly precludes illicit intimacy.

          Islam does not veil sickness with heedlessness.

It rather provides the shield of social protection to both men and women by commanding them to stick with the ethical conduct when they deal with each other.

It commands both of them to devoutly lower the gaze, and to not stare at each other acrimoniously.

They both are held equally accountable for that.

  This is how Islam traces its strategic scheme of prohibition laws.

Islam builds up the devotional immunity and the consciousness of fearing Allah glory be to Him, so the believer is not susceptible to parapraxis.

Well in addition to intoxication prevention, Islam treats that with enormous sobriety.

Islam does not just forbid us to drink, but it even forbids us to go where alcoholic beverages are served.

That is how Islam treats alcoholism.

    Islam adheres the concept of preventive strategies.

It encourages the aspiration of guarding the sacred concealment.

As a result, Islam does not allow commercials that seduces or it has the quality to entice.

Perhaps that is why Islam is portrayed as radical or extremist system.

It forbids fun.

Well, that is how some people like to misinterpret our legal system of prohibition.

If a threatening disease is spreading around, will you try not to be infected, or  will you fortify a protective shield to not be vulnerable to potential transmission.

Will you not stay away from someone who has got infectious illness?

Islam treats sins as infectious diseases, just think of it that way.

       Sins are treated as infectious  diseases within Islam because sins are transmitted by the social misbehavior.

  Islam tributes the confrontation against the savagery of social depravation.

Islam constantly encourages the sense of social accountability.

  Islam has the courage and motivation to create a better society.

Some people like to portray Islam as a threat to the western lifestyle.

Well, it depends on how exactly you look at that.

The Hadith of prophet Muhammad taught that Islam began a stranger, then it was popular, and then, it will go back a stranger as it began, so give the good tidings to strangers.

I am a Muslim and I am certainly proud to be among the strangers presumption.

  Some people are reluctant to identify themselves as Muslims.

  It is probably because of what is being fallaciously promoted about Islam that it is terrorism or fascism.

Well, everything could be theoretically expressed.

But on practical grounds, they need to prove their proclaimation.

  One of the matters they tend to terrify people about  within Islam is Shariah law.

There are many people who are quite unknowledgeable about the subject of Shariah nor its major premisses.

If you are really intrigued to learn about the basic fundamentals of Shariah as an American, I highly recommend you to listen with tendency to Shaykh Hamza Yusuf Hanson.

He is a scholar of Islam.

He is a native American, he speaks fluent Arabic, and he is an American as applepie.

I highly encourage you to attentively listen to his scholarly lectures on Shariah principles.

That if you really are eager to learn.

Knowledge enlightens the mind and it purifys the soul.

That is the ideal manner to harmoniously recognize each other, and to prosperously appreciate our cultural differences.

Education avails our intellectuals, and prejudice nourishes  despicability.

Knowledge is in informative textbooks not in the casual press.

I hope that makes sense.

Peace be with you.