[Faith-talk] Weekly Bible Game for Sunday, March 2, 2014

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 18:32:44 UTC 2014

Hello and good Lord's Day to all of you.  Those of my readers in Australia and New Zealand are already in your Monday morning as I write this.  I hope that everyone is having a good day.

Today I "shuffle the cards," so to speak, and come up with a little poem written by the late Alvy E. Ford based on a book and chapter of the New Testament.  See if you can guess the appropriate book and chapter.

Be in subjection to rulers and powers.
Free is salvation; by grace it is hours.
Every believer should live a good life.
Shun foolish questions, contention and strife.

And there you have it for today.  That first line might remind some of you of Romans 7, at least the beginning part, but that's the wrong answer.

Before I close, I'd like to say how pleased it is that so many of you take the time to read and try to guess chapters and verses from week to week.  My goal here is not to demonstrate Brother Ford's and my Bible knowledge, but through these little ditties that you may, in some small way, deepen your knowledge of the Word so that it will become "a lamp unto (your) feet and a light to (your) paths." If all is all that you read in these weekly poems, both the Lord and the undersigned will be pleased.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Lord willing, tomorrow there will be another Daily Thought message for you.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul