[Faith-talk] Etiquettes of visiting in Islam.

Mostafa mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Sun May 11 15:13:00 UTC 2014

Dear all, peace be with you.

Today I would like to inshallah talk about one of the most significant social principles in Islam.

My subject as entitled, etiquettes of visiting in Islam.

Etiquettes of visiting in Islam, introduction.

There are couple of fundamental themes that are essentially pertaining to the major essence of adults and their accountability in Islam.

       1'; Rights of the Creator.

2; Rights of the creation.

In order to be held accountable for your righteous and sinful deeds in Islam, there are two main prerequisites you must fulfil.

Firstly, you ought to have reached the phase of adulthood.

During that stage, and within your mature development, you are held accountable before Shariah.

Secondly, You ought to have your intellectual foundament honed.

    So if for any reason and within any situation, someone  either temporarily or permenently has lost his intellectuality, he is legally exempted before Shariah.

This is quite interesting.

So if someone has lost his consciousness, does that mean he is exempted in Shariah?

Indeed he is.

Shariah is  very flexible and it has got the adequacy to adapt its injunctions to conveniently accommodate all different circumstances.

At the same time, there are solid regulations which never and cannot change in spite of any circumstances.

Amongst these regulations are the etiquettes of visiting in Islam.

Islam has got its own prescripts to govern the social life.

The following is the English translation of the Koranic etiquettes which we as Muslims ought to comply to when we visit someone at home.

  “O ye who have believed, do not enter houses other than your own houses until you ascertain welcome and greet their inhabitants. That is best for you; so you may beware.

And if you do not find anyone therein, do not enter  until permission has been given to you. And if it is said to you, “Go back," then go back”; it is purer for you. And Allah is Knowing of what you do.

There is no blame upon you for entering houses not inhabited in which there is interest for you. And Allah knows what you reveal and what you conceal”.

The Noble Koran, chapter 24, chapter of light verses 27 to 29.

In these couple of verses, Allah glory be to Him instructs the governing basis for us to implement in the occasion of visiting someone.

At its inception,  Allah uses the term of ye who believed, to specifically address us, and not to impose His commandments on those who do not believe or they are not interested to comply.

  He then enjoins us to observe these etiquettes when we are about to visit someone at home.

So if you knocked the door or rang the bell, you probably expect someone to open the door.

During that time, you should not stand in front of the door.

You should rather stand by the side of the door.

When the door is opened, you are expected to friendly greet the household you are visiting.

Allah then continues to plainly assert that if you do not find someone, you should not proceed to your intended visit.

That passage precisely denotes that you are not religiously permitted to enter the house if there were women only in the house.

The Koran then makes it quite clear that  you should not enter into the house unless you are licitly permitted to, and if you were asked to go back, you ought to go back, that is indeed purer for you.

Ultimately, the Koran gives us the permission to enter houses that are not privately inhabited or possessed by someone.

That is a metaphorical emphases which generically implys to public property.

These are the major tennets of adhering the social etiquettes in Islam upon visiting someone.

These etiquettes are still kept in the Koran.

This is the Koran which Pastor Terry Jones insisted to repulsively desecrate in 2010, aggressively in 2011, and obstinately in 2012.

Now, I have a question to the Bible believeing recipients.

Do we have something similar to that in the Bible?

What is the divine governing for Christians today?

What they have in the Bible is the law of Moses which Paul has allegedly abolished.

Most Christians today are explicitly governed by the secular law and so we are.

But I think, for the most part, we are regulated and governed by the etiquettes of our faith, and we have juristic verdicts.

Even our system of retribution and penalty, it is derived out of the Koran.

Ah by the way, the reference to stoning the adulterer is actually cited in the Bible, in the Old testament, but not in the Koran.

   That is just for your info.

Pastor Jones, please profane the Koran again.

The more you will do, the popular it will become, and the hallowed it will certainly be within millions of hearts.

Thank you for reading, and peace be with you.