[Faith-talk] Conversing with Atheism and Agnosticism, a philosophical approach.

Mostafa mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Tue May 13 16:16:45 UTC 2014

Dear all, peace be with you.

Today I would like to inshallah reflect on the subject of Atheism.

It is a fact, and it is a broad phenomenon  globally.

What is Atheism?

Atheism is the lack of belief in God or gods.

In the subsequent level, it comes the concept of Agnosticism, which is the philosophical orientation of doubt; a denial of ultimate knowledge of the existence of God.

Agnosticism is more popular than Atheism today.

Whether it is Atheism or Agnosticism, let us analyze the possible reasons which availed this phenomenon to rapidly thrive.

       1; It is the defficiency of enlightened  religiousness.

Many people think of religion as a motive to cause backwardness and primitivity.

Some people incorrectly assume that religion in general defys advanced science or modern philosophy.

That is absolutely incorrect.

At the same time, I will not deny that many religious figures around the world are quite unenlightened, including many Muslim clerics, imams and so on.

So the first motive to constitute irreligiousness is the religious community itself.

2; Some religious people are indulged into mythical beliefs and superstitious conceptions.

As Muslims, we have to recognize that our religion is quite beyond irrational thoughts.

  We should take the positive initiative in engaging into intellectual dialogs with the secular community.

One of the common mistakes that many people in the religious community are constantly committing, is that they inconsistently associate Darwin and the theory of evolution with Atheism.

Atheism is not based within its essence on scientific grounding, it is merely a philosophical perspective.

Whilst Darwinism, however, it is perfectly a scientific theory, and it has nothing to do with Atheism or declining the existence of God.

Darwinism is the scientific  theory of organic evolution which proposes that new species arise and are perpetuated by natural selection.

Although Darwin had not  explicitly formulated the atheistic tennets, but atheists always like to use his scientific theory to substantiate their philosophical doctrine.

What I intend to plainly express, that science does not equal, or it basicly does not necessitate the denial of God.

I think that both communities ought to desperately demand to show mutual respect towards each other.

I prosperously conversed with Atheist and Agnostic believers here in Egypt.

They always pose the same old fashioned argument that the world is naturally evolved and thus, it grows by itself without a divine dominance.

I regularly emphasize to them, that it is quite different, and we have to vastly differentiate between evolution and creation.

Islam does not defy the theory of evolution.

Here is the Noble Koran which distinctly asserts the theory of evolution of the human embryo inside the womb.

Allah says in the Noble Koran, in chapter 23, chapter of the believers what I may potentially translate as follows.

12, “And verily We created man from an extract of clay.

13; Then We placed him as a sperm-drop in a firm lodging.

14; Then We made the sperm-drop into a clinging clot, We then made the clot into a lump of flesh, We then made boans out of lump, We then clothed the bones with flesh.

We then developed him into another creation.

So blessed is Allah  the best of creators”.

The Noble Koran, chapter of the believers, verses 12 to 14.

The Koran clearly mentions the physical development of the human embryo.

Does not that prove the koranic recognition of the scientific theory of evolution?

I think it does.

Furthermore, it thoroughly repudiates the diluted relationship between Atheism and the theory of evolution.

In giving respect to the religious spect and the secular party, I highly encourage both of them to basicly go search for what Darwin himself has wrote, rather than relying on ramble conclusions about the man and his theory.

These false conclusions are often made by atheists and agnostics when they either obliviously or deliberately misquote the guy to suit their secular agenda.

I do not care about the inaccurately derived conclusions or opinions.

What matters to me in particular, is that what Darwin himself has wrote.

Well, that what Allah willed me to utter for the time being.

In the meantime, and until I inshallah render another essay, stay blessedly in the grace of Allah glory be to Him.

Peace be with you.