[Faith-talk] Top 5 tips of learning English.

Mostafa via Faith-talk faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Wed May 14 18:07:40 UTC 2014

Dear all, peace be with you.

Today I would like to take a break from religion and politics, and I prefer to write today on the subject of learning English.

The top five tips are inshallah obtained with five years of personal experience.

I have been learning English for five years.

So if you are a native speaker of English, my tips can relatively be applied in learning other languages.

And if you are an English learner, you may inshallah benefit from the following tips.

Each tip represents a year of experience.

1; Vocabulary construction.

In order to interact and communicate in any language, you certainly need to construct and to build up your vocabulary complex.

There are variety of ways to get that task accomplished.

I suggest that you constantly get in touch with native speakers.

Get yourself engaged with them and just talk about many different subjects, and you will inshallah observe your vocabulary range being expanded.

Read English quite a lot.

Read  what you come across.

Do not be frustrated if you did not understand everything you encounter.

You certainly are not expected to.

Also, whenever you chance on a new piece of vocabulary, please make sure to always have your vocabulary sheet ready to go.

Write everything down for future reference.

2; Gaining confidence.

Confidence is the key factor of learning a new language.

You should always be eager, enthusiastic, and confident to speak.

You should never listen to any sort of discouragement or hesitation.

Knoledge is lost between fear and shyness.

I always had the motive to speak English, and I never felt hesitated or shy.

Nobody will laugh at you.

And if someone did, do not pay much attention to him, he is just rude.

The more you will speak, the better your fluency will become.

3; Topical development.

You should regularly and continuously work on improving your competency to engage in multiple and various topics.

The casual language is always important but, the formal and the academic language has to also be taken into significant consideration.

I am not making myself instructional but, I am just sharing my experience within five consecutive years of learning English.

Do not exhaust your mind with much vernacular terms.

The poetic language elevates your disposition, and it beautifully dramatizes your speech.

That is just my opinion so to speak.

  4; Improving accuracy.

As you relatively have reached a moderate level, it is now timely to work more on your accuracy.

Accuracy here represents everything that is pertained to your grammatical complex, your punctuation usage, your sentential arrangement and your use of rhetoric to effectively persuade.

Of course, all these tips require a regular practice, even on a daily basis if possible.

5; Language for major.

If you reached a quite advanced level in the language you are learning, you can now begin to learn the language for specific field.

So for instanced, I focused on the language of Theology, because it is the language related to my major.

I hope these were some useful tips, and inshallah beneficial to everyone.

Thank you for reading, and have a pleasant time.