[Faith-talk] Eastern Religions

Poppa Bear via Faith-talk faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Wed May 14 18:17:26 UTC 2014

Brandon, do you think that it is plausible that our past life notions could
actually be passed down to us through our progenitors? I myself believe that
it is not just our physiological traits that come from our forefathers, but
latent memories can be passed down to our off spring as well. For instance,
If I had a great grandpa who grew up in Ireland and spent his life along
that countries wild and rugged landscape, then I may gravitate to having a
deep appreciation for that same wild landscape and may often feel a since of
familiarity when I see things that he was fawned of. In the same manner, the
memories of more intimate and personal experiences may be passed down. I
think that this is within the scientific realm and has a great amount of
validity as the power of DNA is made more clear over time. As far as your
thoughts on whether or not we can grow wise enough, or know enough within 70
years or so to get to a place called heaven, there are only a few basic
things we need to know from a Christian perspective. It is really a message
that is simple enough for a child to either except or reject, beyond that it
becomes a philosophy that is no longer a promise or a truth for humanity. It
is the only belief system that I am aware of that takes no extensive
schooling, training, test or ceremony to except or reject. I have heard the
message of the Gospel laid out in 5 minutes and without any preamble, over
ten thousand people came forward with tears in their eyes to take up the
promise of this belief. These were people who had experienced the worship of
hundreds of different so called God's in eastern religions, cruel dictators,
terrible wars that laid their country and families to waist and when it was
said and done, that five minute message gave them something that they
couldn't find any ware else. Was that message a truth,? Were the promises
made in that five minute talk true promises, or lies? If That can't be
answered without needing some proposed theory to attached to it, then we
need to evaluate many things in our ability to reason through the modes and
operations of our questioning,  because it is a simple question and in its
essence, truth is simple, and most things are either a truth or a lie. I
find that many people are simply scared to hold on to a real truth, because
at the heart of truth you have to be willing to give up a lot to really
protect the most precious truths and so many don't want to really make that
kind of sacrifice. For instance, in WWII Churchill thought it was true that
people should not be slottered around the entire world because one man
wanted to stamp out anything that he thought was not part of his idea of a
super race, this being the case, people had to stand on the side of the same
truth that Church hill did and be willing to sacrifice everything for that
truth. Now a days, as soon as a truth makes a person uncomfortable then they
shift their position to a more comfortable place and change their so called
idea of truth based more on fear than anything else most of the time.