[Faith-talk] Eastern Religions

Ashley Bramlett via Faith-talk faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Wed May 14 21:51:43 UTC 2014

no, kirt is the agnostic.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Olivares via Faith-talk
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 5:22 PM
To: Faith-talk,for the discussion of faith and religion
Subject: Re: [Faith-talk] Eastern Religions

Poppa Bear,

I’m sorry that I misunderstood your beliefs. I thought you said to Mostafa
that you are Agnostic.

You are speaking IMO of apparent truths. I am speaking of transcendent
Truth, which is beyond all things and beyond all descriptions. Truth is not
really the best word for it, as truth seems to have an opposite: falsehood.
This transcendent reality, this That, has no opposite, because it is all
that is. You say it is vague because there is nothing that can be said about
it.

All I can say is that we are all this transcendent reality. Not mere parts,
but the totality of it. Just as the wave of the ocean temporarily separates
itself, but then returns to its source, so each of us temporarily seems to
separate ourselves from this Source, but inevitably we return to it. We have
never left; it only appears as such.

There is no external world. It is only a projection of mind, of ego. It is
“created” so that we can in the end realize it was all a mirage. It was the
delicate interplay of consciousness reflected upon itself. As I said before,
there is no doer. There is no one behind the mask. It is all nothing. God,
man, soul, is all a creation of mind.

Anyway my whole point in posting this was to see if anyone else out there
was familiar with this philosophy. I think it is good to have a diversity on
this list, so I wanted to express my own thoughts.

Brandon