[Faith-talk] Eastern Religions

debby phillips via Faith-talk faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Thu May 15 12:33:16 UTC 2014

Brandon, if you are coming from a Catholic perspective, then
surely you understand that it is still by grace that we are
saved, and that God's mercies are new every day.  We have a
covenant relationship with God.  Part of that covenant requires
that we do certain things.  I am being simplistic, perhaps, but I
liken it to being part of a family.  My biological family had
certain requirements growing up.  Like, we all ate dinner
together, as a minor I asked permission from my parents before I
went somewhere.

There's a big difference between joyful and happy.  I'm happy
when I get an unexpected present or something.  I'm joyful when I
am worshipping, thinking about, serving God.  The Eucharist
brings me joy.  Nobody, Catholic or Protestant can say that our
life here on earth will be happy all the time.

As for Hitler, well, I can't even comment on that.  Nobody knows
what someone's heart is like before they die, in those last
seconds.  I don't know.  I'd love to spend more time responding,
but I need to get ready to head for work.    Peace,    Debby