[Faith-talk] Questioning Our Beliefs

Aleeha Dudley via Faith-talk faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Fri May 16 23:15:30 UTC 2014

Hi All,
     OK, I'm going to come out of my hidy hole again. :) Now that
school's out, I have had a chance to check out my emails and thought
I'd chime in on this one.
     I am a Christian through and through, and will speak the truth to
anyone who needs to hear it. Now, I will not say to someone that
because they do not believe that they are condemned. That is not my
job. I can show them the Bible and what it says, I can pray for them,
and I can pray with them if they would like, but I will not force my
belief system on anyone. God called us to love each and every person
on this earth and lead them to Him through Jesus. That is all we
should be striving for: to follow God and to love His people. A lot of
what I see from Christianity today, especially from certain
denominations, which I will not name, is a certain dislike for other
religions, and the belief system that they are already lost. I see
dislike for people who are homosexual, people with drug and alcohol
abuse issues, any person who is not the stereotypical kind, lost soul.
Is that fair? Absolutely not. So let's all just unruffled our feathers
a bit and talk rationally and respectfully about our beliefs. Love
each other as we were taught to do and have a peaceful, open
discussion about it on list.
OK, back under the rock...
Aleeha