[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Tuesday, May 20, 2014

debby phillips via Faith-talk faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Thu May 22 04:26:05 UTC 2014

There have been cases where children have bowed to pray at school
over their lunches in the cafeteria, and have been reprimanded.
That's not right! I remember a friend of mine whose daughter
wanted to write a paper on the life of Corie ten Boom, a
Christian who hid Jews during World War Ii.  Her teacher let her
know that if she wrote the paper using Corie ten Boom as her
subject that her grade would be lowered.  That's not right,
either.  This lady was very brave, suffered terribly because of
what she did, (her sister and father died in the concentration
camp), and the assignment was to write a paper about a person who
had had an impact at a time of crisis, or something like that.

I bet if my friend had wanted to write about Endira Gandhi or
someone like that, her grade wouldn't have been lowered.  This is
extremely biased on the part of our culture in this country and
it angers me.  It angers me that we have such a bias in our
culture.  It shouldn't be like that.    Peace,    Debby