[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Poppa Bear via Faith-talk faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Thu May 22 06:44:05 UTC 2014

Debby these are all good points. I think that many people don't want to be
as out spoken as Jesus a lot of times because for one, they don't want to
feel like they are being too religious, they don't want to turn people off
of Christianity, sometimes they feel that they are not being loving, and of
Corse people are often too scared to be looked at as that Christian fanatic,
that Jesus freak, But as Jesus said, "If you deny me before men, I will deny
you before my father in heaven." Some of the most authentic, gentle and
loving Christians I have met, were the most valiant when it came to taking a
stand for Christ, not compromising truth and displaying courageous
selflessness in situations they could have just walked away from because the
cost was so demanding that know one would have thought any less of them if
they didn't touch the situation because the need was so great. It is strange
to me to listen to Christians sometimes say things about other Christians
that would have been the same things that the Pharisees would have said to
Jesus, or the Athenians and Romans would have said to Paul and the other
disciples. When People take a real good look at Jesus, and don't paint him
as some kind of flower waving weepy eyed martyr they will see the , Rock,
the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, the Captain of the host, somebody who was
unflinching, uncompromising, followed the letter of the law both in deed,
and Spirit, captivated crowds of thousands, Roman soldiers who needed him to
grant miracles, drove out business men, IE rascals and hustlers from the
temple, turned away demons with a look and yet, was the tendorest person who
ever walked the face of the earth. I often think that some people are in
love with a Jesus who is not even in the Bible, it is a imaginary Jesus that
isn't the same Jesus in the Gospels, it may have a few sprinkles of the
Jesus in the Bible, but beyond a few quotes I don't see him. I am not
talking about judging others either, because that seems to be another thing
that some Christians get hung up on. They say, "I don't want to be
judgmental", but we all have to judge things, relationships, actions and
more all the time, but as soon as somebody calls something sin, people start
saying, "your judging them." We are not called to condemn others, but if we
read are Bibles and know what sin is, and if sin kills people, their
relationships, their childhoods, dreams, futures, poisons their lives then
is it loving to say nothing, or more loving to come along side of them and
in loving ways help them to understand that God has a plan for each of us
and when we do certain things that are sinful they destroy the good that he
wants for his children. If you told a person that their car needed oil or it
would blow a head gasket, that would be loving I think, but if you tell a
married friend that if they keep flirting with their co worker that it could
hurt their marriage, some people will think that you are judging them. Well,
I could write on and on about all of this, but I have to get back to my
family and live this love stuff out.