[Faith-talk] the blind jesus

Maureen Pranghofer via Faith-talk faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Sun May 25 21:19:11 UTC 2014

Hi
I was in a place where I was feeling sorry for myself for quite a number of
years, and what happened is that during that time bad things kept happening.
I lost all of the remaining vision I had, had a spinal cord injury which
left me unable to use my legs, trunk muscles and one hand, lived in several
nursing homes.  But over time I have come to believe that God has great
plans for me because He says so.  That He is my protector, healer, lover,
friend, and as I look at Him things have drastically changed.  Yes I'm still
totally blind with 2 artificial eyes, yes I walk with a leg brace and often
use a power chair, but I know that my future is bright and I expect good
things.  Andrew, focus on that, change your expectations in Jesus and you
will gradually see things change.
I've learned that my words have an amazing power because I'm made in His
image and He spoke things to be so because of Him in us our words have
power.  Even when it doesn't seem apparent I speak positive hopeful things
and after a time they start happening.  Just my experience consistantly over
the past 20 years.
Maureen