[Faith-talk] A small excerpt from Morning By Morning

Poppa Bear heavens4real at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 05:50:50 UTC 2015

Hello, I am sharing a short excerpt from a devotion I read, this is from the
evening portion of the devotion and it was and is something that I needed to
read. Blessings,

"O that a hallowed season of divine communion may be vouchsafed to me this
evening!  The Lord knows that I need it very greatly. My graces languish, my
corruptions rage, my faith is weak, my devotion is cold; all these are
reasons why His healing hand should be laid upon me. His hand can cool the
heat of my burning brow, and stay the tumult of my palpitating heart. That
glorious right hand which molded the world can new-create my mind; the
unwearied hand which bears the earth's huge pillars up can sustain my
spirit; the loving hand which encloses all the saints can cherish me; and
the mighty hand which breaketh in pieces the enemy can subdue my sins. Why
should I not feel that hand touching me this evening? Come, my soul, address
thy God with the potent plea, that Jesus' hands were pierced for thy
redemption, and thou shalt surely feel that same hand upon thee which once
touched Daniel and set him upon his knees that he might see visions of God."