[Faith-talk] some updates on Nick, and my day summarized

Beth Taurasi denverqueen1107 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 17 16:17:09 UTC 2015

Debbie and all,
The home lied to me about some of NIck's condition.  Group homes do not
have the capacity to really tell the truth about blind individuals.  It
is likely that Nick had to take a visually based IQ test, which is not
accessible, and could present a very different result than a simple
question and answer true false statement test.  I couldn't do said
tests, the visual ones, at a mental health center, but I did do a
clinical interview.  Guess wht?  There was no cognitive impairment found
through the tests we did, though limited in scope.  Therefore, Nick
having littel vision might have been found to be "cognitively impaired"
due to the visual nature of the test.  I don't know for sure, but it's a
possibility.  The group home did the confiscations because they felt
Nick was talking to robots or something from what I've been told.
That's probably gonna answer questions.  I'm sorry, but I"ve been
accused of doing the same thing, but my justification is that blind
folks are scattered across the country.  I"m sorry, those of us in rural
towns can probably empathize with this statement.
Beth

On 1/17/2015 6:09 AM, justin williams via Faith-talk wrote:
> Valid, but yes.  However, done in poor taste upon the heels of extreme
> rudeness.

Check out my Wordpress blog: denverqueen.wordpress.com or you can reach me by skype at denverqueen0920