[Faith-talk] writchus anger

Beth Taurasi denverqueen1107 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 18 14:00:47 UTC 2015

Thank you.  What a timely lesson!  I'm dealing with anger myself, and I
know what God hates, and seeing the G D phrase written on Twitter made
me pretty darn angry because God doesn't like that.  God forgives, but
he hates evil and loves the truth.  To write something like that on a
Twitter page or any page, or even an email listserv honestly you can't
take it back.  Once you click Send or Tweet or whatever, you are liable
for it.
Beth

On 1/18/2015 6:51 AM, Andrew via Faith-talk wrote:
> hi all i don't post devotionals but i think i am posting one today as
> it is timely one as i seen it happen here. hear is the devotional.
> Righteous Anger
> Today, January 18, 2015, 5 hours ago | letters at gty.org (Grace to
> You)Go to full article
> "Walk . . . with all . . . gentleness" (Ephesians 4:1-2).
>
> Our anger must be under control and should occur only for the right reason.
>
> After the previous lesson, you might think that Christians must always
> be quiet and passive, never getting upset or angry about anything.
> Actually, believers do have the right to get angry, but only under
> certain conditions. Ephesians 4:26 says, "Be angry and yet do not sin;
> do not let the sun go down on your anger." So there is a certain kind
> of anger that isn't sinful. It must be under control, and it must be
> resolved expeditiously.
>
> Proverbs 25:28 says, "Like a city that is broken into and without
> walls is a man who has no control over his spirit." Someone who is out
> of control is vulnerable. He falls into every temptation, failure, and
> weakness. On the other hand, "He who is slow to anger is better than
> the mighty, and he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city"
> (16:32). One who rules his spirit has power and energy, but it's under
> control. That same power and energy out of control creates nothing but
> chaos and sinfulness. Those who are easily angered are not gentle.
>
> Gentle people, on the other hand, control their energies and
> strengths, but they do have a tough side. They don't back away from
> sin or cease to condemn evil. Since the gentle person submits himself
> to God, he becomes angry over things that offend God, not himself. If
> someone offends him personally, he doesn't seek revenge. But when God
> is maligned, the lion in him roars. Such anger is called righteous
> indignation. Under God's control, anger reacts when it ought to react,
> for the right reason, and for the right amount of time.
>
> Suggestions for Prayer
>
> Ask forgiveness if you are apt to get angry for the wrong reasons.
> Commit yourself to being gentle when you ordinarily would flare up in
> anger. GIf you don't get angry when you see evil, ask God to make you
> sensitive to what He hates.
>
> For Further Study
>
> At the very time Moses was receiving God's Law on Mount Sinai, the
> Israelites were involved in idolatry and debauchery. Read Exodus 32.
> What was Moses' reaction to their sin?
> Did he hold a grudge against them (vv. 31-32)?
> How can Moses' example be a pattern for your life?

Check out my Wordpress blog: denverqueen.wordpress.com or you can reach me by skype at denverqueen0920