[Faith-talk] Healing and Faith

Beth Taurasi denverqueen1107 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 26 19:11:03 UTC 2015

I read a great devotional about taking up one's cross.  The big
misconception about the "cross" is that we think of the cross as just
the suffering or just an ailment, an unsaved person or spouse, etc.
Well, what I learned from the devotional was that the cross is a
choice.  Jesus indeed says, "Take up your cross and follow me."  Lovely
response, and it just now popped into my head.
Beth

On 1/26/2015 11:52 AM, Debby Phillips via Faith-talk wrote:
> I do not believe that we can escape suffering in this life. It is in choosing how we live out our lives here that is important. We are to take up our cross whatever that is, and follow Him.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jan 26, 2015, at 10:33 AM, Mark H via Faith-talk <faith-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> More specifically the Lord said that he made the blinds and the deaf and those that couldn't talk couldn't talk and certainly it's possible for him to heal and it's also possible that he decides not to heal just because we asked doesn't mean that God's intention or will to do so he may because he's God and he sovereign
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jan 26, 2015, at 7:22 AM, Maureen Pranghofer via Faith-talk <faith-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>> I don't think we exactly know with Paul, I don't believe it is from lack of faith, I think satan was buffeting him as it says in the verse before and somehow God allowed it.  I also think perhaps Paul had a pride issue.  And one thing I know about God is He is not absolute and because something works one way for one person we want to put it that that same exact way will work for everyone, for me I pray for God's healing of my legs and eyes often and have been picturing myself walking and almost feeling it in my body lately and am confident that I'll be restored.  I think God sees us as being whole but if we don't want that then that's the path for some, I haven't come to a place where I can picture myself seeing but in the meantime I am very content with God where He has me know while I'm waiting for restoration.
>>>

>>> -----Original Message----- From: Linda Mentink via Faith-talk
>>> Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2015 9:44 PM
>>> To: Faith-talk,for the discussion of faith and religion
>>> Subject: [Faith-talk] Healing and Faith
>>>
>>> Hi Maureen,
>>>
>>> I take it that you and this man believe that Paul's thorn in the
>>> flesh was not removed because he focussed on his faith and not on his
>>> Lord. As long as we are on this earth, we will suffer from diseases
>>> and sicknesses; no eutopia in sight where everyone is whole and well
>>> all the time. God is soveregn, and He ordains us who are blind to be
>>> so. Some are healed, most are not. I'm content as God has planned it
>>> for me here, and look forward to seeing Jesus' face first thing when
>>> I get to heaven.
>>>
>>> Yes, disease and sickness can be a spiritual issue, but not always.
>>> Look at Asa, for example. but one size doesn't fit all, and those who
>>> preach that we aren't healed of whatever it is we want healed is
>>> because we don't have enough faith are most often just plain wrong!
>>>
>>> That's all I'll say on the matter.
>>>
>>> Blessings,
>>>
>>> Linda

Check out my Wordpress blog: denverqueen.wordpress.com or you can reach me by skype at denverqueen0920