[Faith-talk] Church service

adrijana prokopenko adrijana.prokopenko at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 12:33:10 UTC 2015

 Hi all,

 Wanted to give some sharing of what happened to us at church today,
it is a bit deep and it got me and others thinking. The service was
about the presence of god in biblical scriptures and in our lives in
general and the kind of inpacked it has on us and the role of the holy
spirit in all this. Much to my surprise, the pastor started telling us
of an insidence of how he was being looked at in wonder when he talked
about it in another church. For some reason, this church didn't
believe in the holy spirit and they thought that only saints could
experience its presence and all this is making me wonder that it may
be one reason why Christianity and some Christians are getting
backwards in so many ways and why it is that so many people disagree
with each other on these things even before they get to know the right
way. I don't think such things happen in any other religions and
because of such things and thinking some nonChristians know things too
well about us, they tried to have some heated discussions with me on
such similar things in the past. On a better note, our church held a
conference last weekend entitled ""The joys in the lord" in which many
believers and nonbelievers were present. Probably around 500 from
which 30 gave their life to god right then and there and there may
even be more if they keep following this path. I really pray and hope
that many people get to experience what us Christians do and I hope
that many Christians from this group have a positive experience out of
going to church and following the lord.

Adrijana