[Faith-talk] Church Experiences

Beth Taurasi denverqueen1107 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 19 11:23:08 UTC 2015

Linda,
I was thinking about Hebrews 10:24-25 and that is the exact passage my
boyfriend constantly has to quote to his father and mother since they're
not saved. Blake is having a hard time trying to tell his family how
important church is, yet his mother goes on and says, "Don't get pissy
or mad if it doesn't happen." Well, now Blake can't trust his own dad to
drive him to church because his father and stepmother believe it's too
far. I hooked Blake up with a Sovereign Grace church in Peoria, Arizona,
and I've seen nothing but good for both of us. The brother of the pastor
in Peoria is my associate pastoral intern. It's a good connection, and
Blake just needs to find good biblical male counsel because that should
show him what man and his job is for. He has mostly women, which is
good, but some of those women are married, which is even cooler. This
Wednesday, he has a Bible study to go to, which is great because he just
has to make it to Wednesday. Doesn't help that his mom and other
parentals are not saved. But as far as the experiences of both of us, I
personally am happy that I have a church that is willing and able to
fill out papers with me, get stuff done, go beyond just church. But I
will personally never go back to Titusville churches because there
aren't that many, and if I go with family, I'm talked right through. Ugh.
Anyway, as far as I know, that passage in Hebrews is the very same
passage that calls us to do what we must and fellowship with believers,
yet there are indeed leaders who have done this thing where they just
don't bother with rides and accommodations for disabled members. Great
points.

This email address is used for listserv emails only, comcast stuff only, or if you prefer a more personal touch, and you're Comcast contacting me, a technician's note or two. Please email me at thebluesisloose at gmail.com for a more personal experience.