[Faith-talk] Getting Dragged to Church

Maria S raynbo15 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 19:53:49 UTC 2015

My mom made me go to church until I had my confirmation. She was
Catholic. I knew at that moment I didn't believe and after that I
stopped going. She was really upset but she doesn't go either so I
don't get it. I wandered around to my friends' churches in high school
sometimes but most of their pastors made it clear I wasn't welcome and
I felt like a hypocrite because I was really angry with God. I still
tried it once in a while in college. Where I live church is kind of
the only way you can socialize with people unless you want to take
your chances at a bar and I never felt comfortable doing that alone.

I do wish my mom would go to church herself, to heal her spirit or to
make some friends or to do something besides work and go to sleep, but
I know that's her choice.

Maria