[Faith-talk] When I Was a Kid

Emanuel psalmtjugotre at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 04:17:07 UTC 2016

Ok  good !

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Faith-Talk [mailto:faith-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] För Paul Smith via
Faith-Talk
Skickat: den 10 augusti 2016 18:54
Till: circleoffriends at emissives.com
Kopia: Paul Smith <paulsmith at samobile.net>
Ämne: [Faith-talk] When I Was a Kid

Hello and greetings to you all on this hump day.  I hope that your day is
going well, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Although I have no proof to the contrary, and the author's name is not
given, I believe that the following story was written by a lady.  Those of
you who have the gift of intuitive sensitivity might or might not agree with
me.  Let's see what you think.

When I was a kid, my mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now
and then.  And I remember one night in particular when she had made
breakfast after a long, hard day at work.  On that evening so long ago, my
mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage and extremely burned biscuits in front
of my dad.  I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed.  Yet all my dad did
was reach for his biscuit, smile at my mom and ask me how my day was at
school.  I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember
watching him smear butter and jelly on that biscuit and eat every bite!

When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my mom
apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits.  And I'll never forget what he
said:

"Honey, I love burned biscuits."

Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he
really liked his biscuits burned.  He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your
Momma put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired.  And besides--a
little burnt biscuit never hurt anyone!"

Life is full of imperfect things, and imperfect people.  I'm not the best at
hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone
else.  But what I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each
other's faults--and choosing to celebrate each other's differences--is one
of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting
relationship.

And that's my prayer for you today.  That you will learn to take the good,
the bad, and the ugly parts of your life and lay them at the feet of God.
Because in the end, He's the only One who will be able to give you a
relationship where a burnt biscuit isn't a deal-breaker!

We could extend this to any relationship.  In fact, understanding is the
base of any relationship, be it a husband-wife or parent-child or
friendship!

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Keep it in
your own.  God bless you, now and always.

So please pass me a biscuit, and yes, the burnt one will do just fine.

This is one of the articles I plan to read this Friday on my radio program.
I hope you enjoyed reading it via your screen readers, Braille displays or
via your computer screens today.

As I said above, I have no proof that this was  written by a lady, but if it
was and if she was a writer, I would be very tempted to think that my good
friend Carol from Wilkes-Barre PA was the author.

And that will do it for now.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing another
article will be posted, may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us
safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.
Your Christian friend and brother, Paul

P.S.  Just thought of a similar situation regarding the burnt biscuits.
I and my two brothers, George and Louis, probably can remember a time when
our mom baked a cake and, in the process of baking, it fell over.
Mom thought that surely the cake was ruined, but I'm here to tell you that,
even if she said nothing until afterward, it was a very delicious cake, and
my two brothers would agree if they read this post.  Paul