[Faith-talk] 8/15/16 Quotes and a Prayer Request

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Mon Aug 15 10:28:15 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to you all on this third Monday of August.  I hope
that your day is going well, and that you who are suffering from
oppressive heat and humidity, have working AC units.

Here are today's two quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

You got to look on the bright side, even if there ain't one.  Dashiell
Hammatt, 1894-1961

A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are for.  John A. Shedd

And there yuo have the quotes, but stay tuned to the prayer request.

This has been weighing heavy on my heart for the past several days, and
that is the situation with our fellow compatriots in Louisiana
regarding the flood waters.  Just heard on today's news that more than
25 inches of rain fell on parts of this state since Friday.  Let's all
pull together and pray for the welfare and safety of blind persons
there, whether or not they're members of ACB, NFB or unaffiliated ones.
After all, if we were in a similar situation we would want people to
pray for us, so it is with this premonition that we ought to pray for
those affected.  On behalf of these temporary or permanent
unfortunates, thanks for your prayers, as I know they will be appreciated.

And that will do it for today.  Until either tomorrow when more quotes
will be posted or until later today when the latest Baffling Bible
Questions answered will be sent, Lord willing, I am your obedient
servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died to pay for your
sins and mine, and now lives forever to bring us His salvation and
peace, Oil of Gladness.