[Faith-talk] Quotes for Friday, August 19, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Fri Aug 19 10:47:14 UTC 2016

Hello to you all on this last day of the traditional workweek, at least
it's that for those of us who are fortunate enough to be gainfully
employed.  Whether you are or not, I pray that your day is going well
or for you in New Zealand as this message is being written, ending
well, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Here are today's two quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read
any books except the books that nobody reads.  George Bernard Shaw, 1856-1950

I skate toward where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.
Wayne Gretzky (quote compiler's comment:  Maybe that should be us when
traveling the road of life:  We should walk where God leads us, not
where we have been).

And that is it for today's quotes, but don't forget that, if the Spirit
leads and you have time, please listen to my God-led radio program on
our radio reading service, the Radio Reading Network of Maryland, at
http://www.radioreadingnetwork.org.
Among other offerings today will be several that initially are tragic,
but in the end turn out gloriously.  Tune in and find out.  Oh yes, the
time will be from noon to 1 PM eastern time.

Until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be posted, I am your
obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died to pay
for your sins and mine, and now lives forever to bring us His salvation
and peace, Oil of Gladness.