[Faith-talk] a really fun contest

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 00:47:31 UTC 2016

Hi, everyone,

Just wanted to send some information about a really fun contest Full Circle Jesus Music is running. I’ve included my submission, just for kicks. I (or someone else) could get a CD out of it, if we’re the winner. If you want to join in, the email address is: info at fullcirclejesusmusic.com. Even if I hadn’t sent my entry, this would have been a fun project to do: if you were stranded on a desert island, what ten Christian songs would you have with you? I focused on contemporary Christian oldies, because that’s what Full Circle broadcasts. So, here’s my submission—even if you decide not to participate, I, and I’m sure others, would love to hear your picks!

Top 10 Christian Songs:

10. “I’ll rise Again” (Dallas Holm)

9. “Praise the Lord” (Imperials)

8. “Alleluia” (Michael W. Smith)

7. “Day by Day” from Godspell

6. “What a Difference You’ve Made in My Life” (Ronnie Milsap)

5. “Great is the Lord” (Michael W. Smith)

4. “Hurry Home, Wayward Son” (ApologetiX)

3. “all Creation Sings” (A.D.)

2. “The Coloring Song” (Petra)

1. “Lord of the Dance,” John Fischer—literally just discovered. It was a total joy to study under him when he taught a “Christ and Culture” course at Gordon College in 1987, so I just had to add one of his to my list!

Sandra
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The Little Prince

---